Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blue

by Cheríe

"Can you believe in Me?"
He asks,
From somewhere above those dark clouds . . .
From somewhere deep inside my heart.
I keep looking at the clouds:
"I can't see any blue, Abba.
How do I know it's there?
How do I know You are there?"
My Abba looks down on me with love bigger than the sky.
"Do you wish to believe because you can see Me right before you?
Or because you love me enough to be faithful while you can't see?
The ones who have not yet seen . . . and still believe . . . are very blessed indeed."
"I know,"
I whisper,
"But I feel as though I must see You all the time."
"Yes, you do,"
He replies.
"I created you that way."
I say nothing, and He waits.
After a brief silence, my Abba
Pulls back the grey clouds, and the beautiful blue is revealed!
"It's there after all!" I cry, raising my hands to Him.
The blue sky lifts my heart.
"Now," continues my gentle Father,
"When the blue sky vanishes from your sight,
And hides behind the grey,
Will you still know it's there? Will you still believe?"
I hesitate again.
"Yes," I decide.
And the grey clouds cover the blue once again.
"Do the same for Me, child. Believe in Me
Even when you can't hear or see Me. If your faith is in Me,
Nothing can upset it. BELIEVE IN ME UNTIL YOU CAN SEE ME."
"I believe," I say, the words coming from my heart.
I'm looking up at the sky, and the grey is still there. But my Abba is with me. My Abba loves me!
I close my eyes.
And I see blue.

-----------------------------------------------------
Send your submissions to theinkwell10@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment