Saturday, April 14, 2012

Don't Cry Too Long

by Lydia

In Memory of Amber Miller

MY TIME HERE WAS SO SHORT
And I wish I could've lived out my life
And done all the things
I dreamed of doing "when I grow up."
But when I saw the look on Jesus' face
And heard his welcome,
I couldn't stay,
Though I hated to leave you.
So don't cry too long,
'Cause all my pain is gone
And my body is brand-new
No more bruises and no more scars.
I run through lush, green meadows
On my two strong legs,
My long, silky hair
Streaming out behind me.
When you grieve
Because of the childhood days I'm missing,
Remember that I'm playing 
At the feet of Jesus
Or sitting on his lap
As he tells me stories
Of His life on earth.
As you imagine
What a beautiful, joyous bride
I would have been,
Think of the utter joy I feel
As I bathe in the light of God's presence.
When tears fill your eyes
Because you will never
Hear my laughter ring out in my children's voices
Or see my sweet smile
On their faces,
Remember that I'm singing with the angels,
Free from heartache, disappointment or sorrow.
I'm happy here,
And although I know you miss me,
Don't cry too long,
For if you make preparations, 
I'll see you soon.
I'm anxiously awaiting
Your arrival in heaven
And will be the first at the gate
To greet you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Send your submissions to theinkwell10@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment