Saturday, April 14, 2012

Lift Up Your Eyes

by Kelsia

Driving along, watching the yellow lines stretch out in front of me, feeling the bright sunshine warm me through the window, taking in the deep blue sky without a cloud in sight . . .
  I survey my lovely surroundings.
  My heart should've been singing, my lips smiling and praising God, and I should've been excited about life. Wanting to embrace it, instead of wanting to give up.
  My heart was heavy.
  Walking along the dirt road, seeing the gravel stones blur beneath my feet as tears run down my cheeks, I struggle to be strong.
  The sun is radiantly shining, the sky stretches out in deep blueness, but my heart is heavy.
  Lying in the still of the night with my head down and tears soaking my pillow, I cry for the pain in my heart.
  You've been there. Maybe it's asking "why" to God and your heart aching for Him to answer your prayer . . . you've tried to have faith and believed God would answer, but still His plans are different. You feel yourself growing desperate and angry, and you want to turn your back on God. Maybe it's the pain of surrendering something you hold close to your heart and know you need to release into God's hand, but you don't want to give it up. Maybe you're feeling like you can't go on in life, like there's too much to keep your head up -- the weight on your heart is pulling you down and your cup is void of joy. Maybe it's realizing the fact that dreams don't always come true like you thought they would. Instead God has you somewhere where you don't understand why He has you there . . . you feel your heart pulled toward where you want to go, but God hasn't directed otherwise, so you know you're supposed to be there and pour your heart into it.
  Whatever you may be facing . . .
  In these moments,
  lift up your eyes.
  Pray for grace and pray for strength.
  Pray for God's hand to fill your cup overflowing.
  Ask Him to carry you.
  He will be your strength and hope.
  He sees your tears, feels your pain, hears your heart's cry.
  He cares, and loves you with an overflowing love.
  It might not change what you're facing, but lift your eyes;
  You will never face it alone.

This piece of writing was accepted by Relate magazine. Click here to read it on their website!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Send your submissions to theinkwell10@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment